NRI Corner

Applying PAN for non-resident Indian('NRI')

Our Team assist Non-Resident’s in Obtaining PAN (Permanent Account Number), Applying for the PAN Corrections, and PAN Surrender along with Other Income Tax matters.

Some of the basic question with respect to PAN of the 'Non-resident Indian' is discussed below.

How to determine that an Individual is NRI?

'Non-resident Indian' is an individual who is a citizen of India... [read more]

Issue of form 15CA/15CB and Assistance is Repatriation of funds

Who is required to file Form 15CA?

As per Rule 37BB, any person responsible for paying to a non-resident, not being a company, or to a foreign company, any sum chargeable to tax under the provisions of Income tax Act, 1961, shall furnish such information in Form 15CA and Form 15CB. However, for all foreign remittances, banks have a mandate to provide for such information. Therefore, it is prudent to have such documentation in place for all foreign remittances... [read more]

Income Tax Return Filing

ITR stands for Income Tax Return. It is a prescribed form through which the particulars of income earned by a person in a financial year and taxes paid on such income are communicated to the Income-tax Department. It also allows carry -forward of loss and claim a refund from the income tax department. Different forms of returns of income are prescribed for filing of returns for different Status and Nature of income.

When Non-Resident is Required to File Income Tax Return in India?... [read more]

Obtaining Lower Deduction Certificate

Section 197 of Income Tax Act provides that if a taxpayer considers that his Total Income requires deduction of income tax at a lower/ nil rate, he may apply to the assessing officer (AO) requesting for lower withholding certificate in Form 13.

The AO if satisfied that existing and estimated tax liability of an applicant justifies the deduction of tax at a lower rate or no deduction of tax, as the case may be, the Assessing Officer shall issue a certificate in accordance with the provisions of sub-section (1) of section 197 for deduction of tax at such lower rate or no deduction of tax... [read more]

Tax Consultancy and Other Services

We are a team of Qualified Professional providing Various Services in the field of Taxation (both direct and indirect taxation), namely Advisory and consultancy Services to Income Tax Filers (both resident and Non-residents), Corporates, advisory on Tax Planning and various compliances of tax laws, representing assessees in various proceedings, issuing reports and certification required under tax laws, etc. We have a young and dynamic team with dedicated and expert professionals dealing with Services related to “Tax Consultancy”... [read more]

Setting up Subsidiary or Business in India

Our Team help and assist Foreign or international corporate in setting up complete business ventures in the desired form may be as Subsidiary Companies, Branch, Joint Ventures, etc. and also provide various services like handling regular compliances services under Indian Laws, Handling Back Office Management or Outsourced Accounting and Bookkeeping Services including using Cloud Accounting Software’s like QuickBooks, Zoho Books, etc., Handling Payroll Services, Various Audit and Certification Services including Transfer Pricing Audits, Income Tax Return Filing... [read more]